Credentials: Bachelor of Health Sciences | Masters in Occupational Therapy Practice | Advanced Diploma in Myotherapy | Certified Bhava Hatha Yoga/Meditation Teacher | Post Graduate Certificate in Sensory Integration
With over 20 years of experience in soft tissue therapies, Carly’s interests in the human condition on how we are connected through life’s generality of situations we face physically, mentally and emotionally, opened the door tofurther studies. These included musculoskeletal therapies, somatic movement(Feldenkrais method) yoga/meditation, social-emotional awareness and a holistic approach to healthcare namingly, ‘Occupational Therapy’
Carly enjoys working with people across all ages with special interests in Sensory Integration (SI) and processing in ASD, Pain Management and Mental Health, Sensory Motor Based Interventions, Social/Emotional skills development and Occupation Based Activities that support children, adolescents and young adults.
Carly is currently completing her Post Graduate in Ayres Sensory Integration (ASI) through Sensory Integration Education and the Sheffield Hallam University (UK) to become a Certified Sensory Integration Practitioner.
Living Without Boundaries is Carly’s vision of providing a nurturing space for individuals, children and families to access therapeutic interventions and support within an Occupational Therapy framework.
Carly brings with her, a wide range of skill sets and works with, but not limited to,
- Social/Emotional regulation skills development
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD | ADHD)
- Learning Challenges (Executive function)
- Sensory Processing Challenges, Dyspraxia and Developmental Coordination Disorders (DCD)
- Developmental delays
- Fine and Gross Motor control, including handwriting difficulties
- Upper Limb strength and conditioning, motor control and coordination
- Anxiety and Stress Management
- Chronic Fatigue and Energy conservation
- Fibromyalgia, Soft tissue dysfunction and Pain management.
Carly supports her growing team of Occupational Therapists and works between clinics in both Eltham and Williamstown, our sister clinic providing Paediatric OT services for children and families together with a team of practitioners including a Paediatrician, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Speech Therapy and Mental Health Social Workers.